Saturday, December 24, 2016

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!!!




Guess what peeps...It's almost Christmas!!! I know, I know, this is a bit early, but hey, it's Christmas Eve, so humor me. I simply cannot wait for it to be tomorrow. I caught the Christmas Spirit quite late this year, and add a result my case is very bad. If I could sing right now I'd be singing Christmas carols.

Alas, I cannot sing. I was sick all last week and most of this one. Being sick during the holiday season is very terrible indeed. Being an optimist...who am I kidding? I am not an optimist. Bring depressed in spirit I thought, "Well at least I'll get a lot of writing done, yes?"

No. It turns out that being sick is extremely uninspiring, despite the extra time you have on your hands. So instead of doing some of the loads and loads of writing that needed done (blog posts, letters, stories,  etc.) I wallowed in self-pity and read several books instead. Two very good books, one rather bad, and I started two mediocre books that bored me so intensely that I was forced to abandon them.

However, I am recovering (I only have a cough and a slight sore throat) and for the last three days I just couldn't bear the wait for Christmas. Now it's Christmas Eve and I've got jitters. Today I went over my presents, shaking the ones that weren't "breaky" and counting them carefully. There are thirteen. I also wrapped some newly bought presents for my family. I ate peppermints and listened to Christmas music. Christmas time is lovely. Tomorrow will be here soon.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

(P.S. I have a recommendation. You should go check out "Christmas 1915" sung by Celtic Thunder. That song will give you chills. It's so beautiful and heartbreaking.)

No comments:

Post a Comment