Wednesday, March 21, 2018

PUPPIES!!!

Dear Folks,

An exceedingly wonderful thing has happened in the Millah household. My darling Maddy has given birth to pups, and the most beautiful pups you ever did see. There were never cuter puppies in the world. I mean, just look at them! Are they not the epitome of perfection? (They are, and if you think otherwise, I'm sorry, but you are wrong.) 

They are mini golden doodles. Golden doodles are wonderful, because they are hypoallergenic, because of their poodle half, but they have the calmer temperament of a Golden Retriever. I do not much care for poodles myself, they are too energetic and even a little sneaky, and they are not my Style, but I cannot help melting when I'm around a golden doodle. They really are the sweetest things, and they aren't as excitable as poodles, for sure! 

This little guy here is Blondie. He is, as you can see, the only gold in the litter. He's an extremely vocal pup. If you hear outraged Squawks coming from the puppy crate you can bet your buttons it's Blondie, annoyed that one of his brothers is sitting on his tail, or that his mother shifted position and interrupted his dinner. 

He loves to be held. He is the one puppy that just adores being petted. The others tolerate our attention, but Blondie basks in it. He will complain loudly and vigorously for minutes at a time until someone comes and picks him up, where upon he snuggles up in your arms and falls silent. 

This here is Blackbird. He looks remarkably similar to his brother, Starling, but is distinguishable by the white strip on his chest. He is a precocious youngster, and was the first puppy to learn to walk. On the first day he mastered the art, he waddled out of the crate and carried on the time honored tradition of soiling my bedroom rugs, like his mother and father before him. 


This lovely little lady is Magpie. My dad is earnestly petitioning my Mum to let him keep Magpie. "You have a dog, and Lissy has two dogs. It's my turn to have a dog." He says. Magpie is the smallest pup in the litter, and we were a little worried for her at first, but now she is as lively as the rest of them. 

She is very wigglesome, and if I forget to secure the puppy crate she gets out and crawls underneath it. I have had to rescue her twice already, because once she squirms under, she cant figure out how to turn herself around and get back out. 

This little guy--or maybe I should just say "guy" because he is not little--is Starling, but his bulk prompts us to call him by his nickname "Lardo" most of the time. He is a fat little feller, always the first at his mother's side.  He likes belly rubs, and we've found his "kicky" spot. He likes to cuddle up under your neck and fall asleep. 

Isn't he adorable? Just look at his little face!



Maddy is an excellent mum. My friend, May, compares her to Jesus, because if you pick up one of her babies and carry it off, she forsakes the three that are safe in the crate and seeks after the lost one. She follows you very closely and calls out advice. "Hold him carefully! Don't drop him! Maybe I should take him, he looks a bit insecure. Be careful with my puppy human! Give him back!" It is ever so touching. I love it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment